Monday, May 26, 2008

Most Problems can be Solved With Cheese

Or, at least, that's one of my philosophies....

Many of you may not know this, but I am also an artist (and not a starving one!), and a musician, as well as a writer. I love wine and cheese, as well, both of which I consider art forms. Both are nearly magical: you assemble the ingredients, bottle or mold them, and unseen forces turn them into delectable treats. Well, it's not that simple, but that's the short version!

Cooking is another art form.

You do not need to be an artist to cook, though. For me, cooking is a way to show love. Beyond providing sustenance, food provides pleasure, comfort, a myriad of needs we don't even realize we have. When I'm cooking, I'm creating, thus relaxing. The result is visual, tactile, and an experience for your tastebuds- really all five senses, and a few others besides. In this way, it is like art.

In my family, when we don't know what else to do with you, we feed you. There is a lot happening in the world right now, that I have absolutely no control over. This blog, the concepts and the recipes in it, is something I can contribute- I hope it makes a difference! And if not, try cheese... works for me!

No comments: